Unity Food Hub Management, LLC
Job Description: Food Access Project Coordinator
Summary: As the Unity Food Hub Food Access Project Coordinator (PC) you will be responsible for share distribution and community engagement, with share outreach focused on engaging low-income customers. As the PC, you will get an opportunity to not only engage with a very loyal customer base but dig deeper to find out who else in our community does not have regular access to healthy, local foods and how can we help change that? This role is hands on: from packing and delivering shares with our Operations Team to engaging with customers at assigned pick-up locations, you’ll get the full view of how UFH is working to increase accessibility here at home through our Harvest Share program and will be a critical part to helping build this program.
Reports to: General Manager
Daily Manager: Harvest Share Manager
1. Manage UFH public market sites:
· Develop and manage UFH distribution/market sites, as directed.
· Assist Harvest Share Manager with outreach to share customers, especially resources that focus on how low-income customers can incorporate local foods in to their meals.
· Market UFH farm partners’ products to all customers, including being able to clearly explain incentive based programming offered to SNAP recipients.
· Achieve sales goals by developing a client base through targeted customer prospecting and recruitment, as well as ongoing superior customer service.
· Provide customer service to Harvest Share customers in a variety of ways including by phone.
· Manage the food order and fulfillment process in coordination with coworkers.
· Prospect for, recruit, and manage volunteers to staff market sites and to conduct additional outreach and promotion. Provide training and technical assistance to volunteers, as needed.
· Ensure that all financial reporting for market sites is reported accurately and on-time.
· Engage community partners interested in growing the market for local food and increasing accessibility to low-income populations.
2. Work as a member of our Operations Team
· Order fulfillment for share customers, including working on a fast-paced pack-line where attention to detail and an eye for quality is paramount.
· Drive company vehicle(s) to pick up locations and on-farm pick-ups. Responsible for timely delivery of shares and wholesale orders scheduled on the same route. (This position requires a substantial amount of driving and activity/movement.)
● Proven track record in managing sales and marketing techniques that yield results
● Natural mindset towards logistical efficiencies
● Ability to work independently and coordinate on projects with others remotely, as well as work in a cooperative work environment
● Passionate about farm viability
● Experience working with food-insecure populations
● Can-do, troubleshooting, problem-solving attitude
● Physically comfortable working in a warehouse setting and driving distances
● Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel& Office Suite and Google products; including familiarity with mobile app- and web-based sales. Technologically adept would be a bonus!
● Available to work occasional very early mornings (before 7am), evenings and weekends, especially during the height of the harvest season. (Multiple days year-round where work starts later in a.m. and goes until 6:30pm.)
● Experienced driver with clean driving record
● Ability to lift 50 lbs
This is a full time salaried position. The position is based from our headquarters in Unity, Maine, with travel statewide.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com by May 20th. Please use the following subject line when emailing "UFH PC Application - [Last Name, First Initial]". Please note we are hoping to have this position start in June and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.