Unity Food Hub (UFH) is seeking a full-time Operations Associate in Unity, Maine to oversee the logistical operations of receiving, storing, packing and distributing UFH products. The Operations Associate will be tasked with overseeing the logistics of UFH product from the point it enters the facility to delivery to the customer. This includes, but not limited to, receiving product, proper storage of product, grading, packing, inventory control of packaging material as well as adherence to food safety protocol. A key responsibility of the Operations Associate will be to ensure the efficient and accurate packing of multi-product farm shares. This includes working with the Operations Manager to establish share content and overseeing the team tasked with packing the shares. The Operations Associate will also be involved in picking up products at farms and making deliveries. Please see the full job description below.
To apply, please submit a detailed cover letter, resume, and list of references with contact information by March 16, 2016 to:
Mail (two copies):
Unity Food Hub
P.O. Box 69
UFH will review applications as they arrive.
Job Description—Operations Associate
Summary: The Operations Associate will be tasked with overseeing the logistics of UFH product from the point it enters the facility to delivery to the customer.
Reports to: General Manager
· Receive inventory and ensure that the product meets both UFH quality and packaging standards.
· Ensure proper product labeling, place product in proper storage facility, and enter product into the inventory management system.
· Assist Operations Manager in establishing share content.
· Oversee the packaging and labeling of shares.
· Pack wholesale sales orders.
· Manage inventory to ensure organized storage and proper product rotation.
· Manage inventory of packaging materials.
· Ensure adherence to food safety protocols.
· Manage the packing room to ensure proper organization and cleanliness.
· Make wholesale and share deliveries.
· In addition to performance of the essential functions, the Operations Associate may be required to assist the management team in the evaluation of required changes in operations and equipment.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and changing environment.
· Experience in logistics or warehouse operations preferred.
· Familiarity with CSAs, including product development and assembly efficiencies preferred.
· Ability to execute decisions and troubleshoot problems independently.
· Ability to lift and carry 50lbs.
· Friendly and social personality with great customer service skills.
· Willingness to learn and improve.
· Passion for local food systems preferred.
· Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Google products.
· Familiarity with inventory management, point of sale software and cloud based applications and/or willingness to learn.
· Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
Starting salary will depend on the candidate’s qualifications. UFH’s benefits package includes a wellness benefits. At present, UFH does not offer its own health insurance directly.